M.A. AdvisingI am responsible for the M.A. advising for Computational Linguistics at the University of Tübingen. This means if you have any questions related to the M.A. studies, questions to the exam regulations, admission requirements, etc., please contact me and I will resolve the questions or problems.
Here (link) you can find information about how to get in touch with me.
Important:in requests for M.A. advising, please always include information about your subject of study, the degree program, and when you started your studies. I need this information for knowing according to which exam regulations you study so I can give you targeted advice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Where can I get information about the structure of the M.A. studies in Computational Linguistics ?
A: In the exam regulations and the module handbook on the web page of the Prüfungsamt (link).
Q: Which document should I definitely read carefully before and during the studies ?
A: The most important document for you is the module handbook
- Q: To which module do I need to count my courses specified in the admission requirements ?
A: Module ISCL-MA-02
- Q: How many courses need to be counted in the core/supplementary area ?
A: 45 ECTS in the core, 45 ECTS in the supplementary area. Each area consists of modules with 15 ECTS each, and you need to fulfill each individual module.
- Q: On my admission requirements it is stated that I need to complete the prescribed courses within one year or when first offered. What do I do when the courses are not offered such that I can complete them in one year ?
A: Some courses are only offered every second semester and have admission requirements. In this case take the courses the first time they are offered and in the order they are intended.
- Q: How can I get courses external to the SfS approved ?
A: Please contact me before taking the course. I will check whether it is eligible and inform you about the decision.
- Q: Where can I get a LaTeX template for my Master's thesis ?
A: Send me an e-mail (see Contact) andI will provide you with a template you can use as a starting point.
- Q: From where do I know whether a Hauptseminar at the Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft is from the core or supplementary area ?
A: Take a look at the Campus page or the introductory meeting handout distributed at the beginning of each semester.
- Q: Where can I hear more about the seminars offered at the Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft ?
A: It is very important that you attend the introductory meeting at the beginning of each semester where all the seminars are presented, as well as organizational announcements. Take a look at the campus system to find the exact date for each semester.
- to be continued ...